Is anything more summertastic than antipasti? Sitting on the patio, drinking a little (or a lot of) wine. Hall and Oates keepin’ things smooth and, interestingly, the mosquitoes at bay.
At the Akin house, we have a pretty standard lineup:
- Grilled bread (usually Ciabatta)
- Paper-thin Prosciutto (this week, Speck from La Quercia)
- Genoa Salami or spicy Capicola
- Olives (Castelvetrano are a favorite, as well as almond-stuffed greens and oil-cured Moroccans)
- Grilled vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, squash, mushrooms)
- And, without fail, cheese (this week, a room-temp wheel of Green Dirt Farm’s Wooly Rind…holy ballz that’s a good cheese)
Almost as good is the antipasti breakfast sandwich made with leftovers the next morning.